Watch this webinar to hear from Reflexis, REPL and Catapult on creating effective workforce management strategies for retail in a post-Covid-19 world.
Whether you are an essential retailer that has kept stores open or you are now starting to think about re-opening stores, Covid-19 is forcing retailers to re-think their workforce strategies. Over the past couple of months, you may have had to contend with highly volatile demand, high employee absence, rapid recruitment and onboarding or possibly furloughing the majority of your store employees.
Although the retail labour market has been slowly evolving to embrace more flexible ways of working, we predict that Covid-19 is going to turn certain trends into large-scale change. As you return to the boardroom and think about reopening stores, are you thinking about:
- How to enable flexible working without impacting customer service?
- How to deal with the operational challenges of ‘socially distanced’ stores whilst tightly controlling costs?
- What the future of the employer-employee relationship looks like?
- What role technology will play in disrupting the retail workforce?
If the answer to this is yes, then make sure to join the debate with three of the world’s leading workforce transformation organisations:
- Oli Johnson, Founder, Catapult
- Chris Love, Managing Partner – Workforce Transformation, REPL
- Jon Seddon, Senior Solutions Consultant – EMEA, Reflexis